12 April 2010

My hockey helmet

(Andy Morrison modeling the helmet the Blade photo staff made just for me...)

Oh, the blood, the embarrassment, the teasing...
I wish it was a hockey puck that nailed me in the head during the first Walleye playoff game against Charlotte last week. That's what many people thought when they heard I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance during the 2nd period of the game.
That would have been more glamorous. Much cooler than what really happened.
I was crawling under the bleachers to get to my photo gear (long story) when I came upon a steel bar I obviously didn't see! It wasn't the pain that the EMTs were concerned about. It was the blood. It's true that head wounds bleed A LOT.
Anyway, thanks to the Blade workers and Owens students/instructors who voiced their concern; to Margaret who taught my class for me; to Jeremy who came to St. V's to pick up my memory cards and transmitted my images for me.
A special thanks goes to the Blade photo staff who hand-made me this wonderful head protector. I'll cherish it always.

No comments:

Post a Comment