21 May 2011

Flames, fun and firefighters


This is what I first saw.

   I was running at Swancreek Metropark this morning when I saw black smoke arising. My first thought was that my house was on fire, even though I live miles away. Then I remembered area firefighters were training at two abandoned brick homes nearby.
   Today is my day off, but as I pulled away from the park and passed the training site, I couldn't help myself. I turned around, grabbed my Canon G11, and started shooting.
   I plan to share these photos with the firefighters. These guys are lifesavers, after all.
   If you've read my previous posts, you might know I'm a huge safety freak when it comes to fire prevention and safety. So, don't forget to install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors everywhere, and change your batteries on the ones you do have.  
   Now that my public service announcement is complete - enjoy the photos.

This is the first house.
This is the second house.





Thank you, firefighters!
By the way, this photo is not staged, as some have thought. It's called attention to detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment